Tree Removal & Pruning
Tree removal is discouraged wherever possible in favour of trimming to control growth, but unfortunately, in some cases, there are no alternatives, such as:
- the tree is dead or dying
- weather or other damage has rendered the tree hazardous and irreparable
- the tree has grown to the point where it (either height or root structure) is a danger to it’s surroundings, or is likely to cause catastrophic damage in the likely event that, at some point in the near future, it’s support collapses.
- the tree is causing an obstruction that is impossible to correct through pruning or other measures
- the tree is overcrowding or otherwise interfering with the proper growth of it’s surroundings.
- landscaping, construction or other factors require removal of the tree
An arborist can determine if and when pruning is necessary in order to maintain or improve the health, appearance, or safety of the tree or it’s surroundings. Pruning is often necessary in order to:
- remove branches interfering with or causing damage to wires, roofs, chimneys, or other structures or pathways
- eliminate branches interfering with one another or proper growth of the tree
- remove weak, dead, or broken branches that may affect the health of the tree or pose a threat to safety
- remove diseased, insect-infested, or weather damaged portions of a tree
improve structural integrity and safety by decreasing wind resistance
train young trees
- remove portions of a tree in order to improve aesthetics or visibility of the surroundings, or increase light penetration
- shape the tree for beautification
As the name implies, Burley Boys Tree Service’s principal focus is on Tree Services.
“Tree services” covers a wide spectrum of services including:
- removals, re-topping, thinning, pruning, planting, stump grinding, hedge trimming, cabling/bracing
- the prevention or diagnosis of tree disease including root rot and bug infestation
- the removal of aged or dangerous trees
- the trimming of mature trees for either shape, or visibility
- the selection, soil preparation, planting, support, and care of new saplings
- lot clearing
For more information please see ⇒ Tree Services
"The crew did an incredible job! They were on time, worked very hard all day and were very courteous to myself and our neighbours. We will certainly recommend your company to others."
- Donna K.
"I have used the Burley Boys for years. The work is always done just the way I ask."
- Sheila F.
"The guys did a great job. Amazing how they were able to fall all that material without damaging my garden below."
- Dorothy M.
"I have had the Burley Boys on several occasions and have always been pleased with their work and often recommend them. They are always kind and courteous, qualities that are much appreciated."
- Pat R.
"The “Big Boys of the Tree Business” did an outstanding job. Thank you for your work, your professional approach and knowledge, the clean site etc."
- Allen B.
Great opportunity to tell you how very pleased we are with your employees and service. For estimate and service, were professional, timely, efficient, pleasant, responded appropriately to my one concern. Have used your services in 3 houses over 30 years and will continue to do so. Job well done!
- Linda & David D.
"The crew were most professional and provided a well organized and executed job. I would be pleased to recommend you at any time."
- Brian P.
"Very friendly crew. The work was done very professionally & cleaned up well afterwards. We are very pleased with the results and have already been recommending you to some friends. Thank you."
- Nancy S.
"I appreciate Erik & his crew’s level of professionalism. They did a great job and I will be calling in the future. Thank you."
- Shannon G.
"I loved Sean. He came to the door to inform us of the plan for the day. Moved our cars etc. He came again at the end. A friendly good-bye. Civil. Thanks."
- David & Joanne U.
"In the 28 yrs we have lived here, Burley Boys does the best work that we have ever experienced."
- John B.
"Thank you Burley Boys! Thank you Erik – and a special thanks to Adam and his team who did such a caring and special pruning and clean up! Wonderful work! Good service!"
- Heidi & Ray P.
"I was very impressed with Burley Boys, from initial phone call to end of job. You showed up on time, returned calls promptly and did a great job. Thanks very much."
- Megan H.
"The work was wonderful, as are the men who did the work; friendly and attentive to detail; excellent customer service. Thanks again."- Susanne & Randy D.
"We really appreciate the great work Sean's guys do. We now have more sunlight streaming in and less gutters to clean. Yiipppeeee!"- Connie R.
"The crew was able to remove my pine without damaging all the bushes around it. I just wish I'd been there to see how they did it!"- Joan C.