Burley Boys Tree Service Ltd is proud to celebrate over 30 years!
Beginning operation as one man with a truck and a dream, the company quickly grew to where it now stands, employing over a dozen specialists including certified fallers, arborists, climbers, and other trained professionals dedicated to the task of keeping one of the most heavily treed and densely populated areas of Canada safe and beautiful.In the fall of 2014, long-time managers of Burley Boys, Erik Helssen & Sean Wightman, became partners in the Company. Both Erik & Sean began at Burley Boys as teenagers, working their way up the ranks, from grounds crew members, to climbers, arborists, and lastly, managers. Lars is excited to work with them in the next phase of their careers, with the goal to succeed him as majority owners in the future.
Our current area of coverage includes Vancouver’s Lower Mainland, the North Shore, and Whistler, where we perform tree services from cutting to shaping, as well as, moving, planting, clearing, and other specialty arborist services.
The Burley Boys team is committed to:
- Providing the community with safe and environmentally friendly work practices
- Ensuring that the entire team is highly trained and dedicated to providing the best quality service available
- Ensuring that all equipment is well maintained and in top working condition
- Keeping abreast of any new tools and techniques that become available so they can continue providing services using the safest, most effective techniques
- Offering employment opportunities to the community as well as a Foreign Worker’s Program” where to date, they have been able to successfully employ qualified experts from as far away as the UK, Australia, New Zealand and France.
- Maintaining a good standing with Worksafe BC
- Providing $7 million in liability insurance to protect customers
Over the years the Burley Boys team have given generously to the community donating their time and services for projects such as the Stanley Park hollow tree and others.
The Burley Boys team is dedicated to serving the community in a pro-active, carbon neutral manner.
All Burley Boys fallers are BC Certified Fallers and have successfully completed the BC Faller Training Program developed by the Forestry Industry, the IWA and by WorksafeBC. Certified Fallers have the knowledge, skills, and ability to assess risk and provide safe work practices as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation 26.21 and 26.22
We would like to thank everyone who we have had the chance to work with over the years including:
- the residents of Vancouver’s Lower Mainland, the North Shore, and Whistler
- the Cities, Districts, and Municipalities
- the foreign workers we have had the opportunity to work with and learn from
- the entire crew for their outstanding effort and continued dedication to excellence over the years.